- 2-3 lbs pork shoulder/butt/stew (2" cubes)
- 1 onion (chunks)
- 1 orange
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chile pepper
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Use smallest crockpot possible, pack tightly.
- Season pork with spices, add crockpot with onion.
- Squeeze juice from orange over meat.
- Slow cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- Remove liquid and save, see notes.
- Shred pork using two forks.
- When ready to serve or reheat, put in pan, I line with tin foil to make it easier to cleanup, and broil on high for 3-5 minutes to heat and get crispy.
Serve with homemade tortillas.
I use chunks of onions so I can remove prior to shredding the meat, primarily so the kids don't complain if they see onion. 😆
If the pork seems a little dry, you can add the fat from the liquid back in. If you let the liquid sit, the fat and water will separate, fat will be at the top.