Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 3 handfuls rocket salad, arugula, butter salad
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3.5 oz bacon
- 2oz Goat cheese, Feta
Honey Lemon Dressing
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice , fresh
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut sweet potato into ½” thick slices. Cut the larger rounds in half (into semi circles).
- Place in a bowl, drizzle over oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Pour onto baking tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then use an egg flip to turn and roast for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place Dressing ingredients in a jar, mix with a teaspoon (to get honey off the base) then shake well until combined.
- Toast pecans in a dry skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes, or until they smell nutty.
- Remove pecans, then heat 1 tsp oil. Add bacon and cook until golden.
- To assemble, place everything in a bowl, reserving some bacon, pecans and goats cheese for garnish. Drizzle with most of the dressing, then toss gently.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with remaining bacon, pecans and goats cheese. Drizzle with remaining dressing.