Homemade Corn Tortillas
- 2 cups masa (corn flour)
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 cups warm water
- Mix masa and salt, stir in water.
- Mix together, should form spongy playdough consistency, not too dry or wet. I add the water slowly and don't always use it all
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Ball out dough using ice cream scoop, golf ball size.
- Place dough ball inside cut ziploc bag.
- Flatten, I use two cutting boards, and I prefer not too thin.
- Heat cast iron, skillet or flat grill on high/med-high.
- Cook tortillas 1-2 minute per side.
- Stack together and cover with towel.
- Serve warm.
- Take from bottom of stack first, softens a little with steam.
Mostly from: Gimme Some Oven recipe